This section includes information about conditions for accessing and using this website, which must be brought to users’ attention. General Information about www.elcorteingles.com for the purposes provided for in Law 34/2002 on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce.
- Owner: El Corte Inglés, S.A.
- Tax ID No.: A-28017895
- Corporate address: C/ Hermosilla No. 112. 28009 MADRID
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (+44) 845 098 0098
- Registration data: Madrid Commercial Register: Volume 677 General 61, Section 4 of the Corporate Ledger, Sheet 8085, Folio 182.
1. Purpose of the www.elcorteingles.com website
Our website provides all manner of information likely to appeal to customers: product offers and promotions, financing and shopping facilities, opening hours, location of our centres, activities in our establishments, etc.
2. Conditions for access and use of this website
Access to the website and its content and information. Accessing this website is the sole responsibility of the users, and it implies that they are aware of and accept the legal warnings and its terms and conditions of use. The website www.elcorteingles.com does not guarantee that items, products and/or services offered thereon are also available in El Corte Inglés Group companies’ shopping centres, or that the prices shown on the website are current. El Corte Inglés reserves the right at any time to make any changes or amendments to the website as it sees fit and without having to provide prior notice.
2.1. Duty to use the website and its contents in a proper manner
The User undertakes to use the website properly including its features in accordance with the law, this Legal Notice and the instructions and warnings it conveys.
The User has a duty to use the website and the entirety of its content exclusively for lawful and permitted purposes, which do not violate prevailing law and/or prove damaging to the lawful rights of "El Corte Inglés" and "Group" companies or those of any third party, and/or which may directly or indirectly cause harm or damage.
To that effect, the User shall refrain from using any of the website content for unlawful purposes forbidden by this Legal Notice, and which harm the rights and interests of third parties, or which may in any way damage, render useless, overload, impair or hinder normal use of the website, lT equipment or documents, files and content of any kind stored on any Group IT equipment (hacking), or that of other Users or any Internet user (hardware and software).
In particular, but not limited to the following, the User undertakes not to transmit, disseminate or make available to third parties information, data, content, messages, images, illustrations, sound and/or image files, photographs, recordings, software and generally any type of material which:
- is in any way contrary to, discredits or undermines the fundamental rights and public freedoms provided for in the constitution, in international treaties and in remaining laws;
- instigates, incites or promotes acts of a criminal, degrading, defamatory, slanderous or violent nature, or otherwise any unlawful, immoral or disrespectful act generally considered unacceptable to public order;
- instigates, incites or promotes discriminatory acts, attitudes or ideas on the grounds of race, sex, religion, beliefs, age or status;
- introduces, makes available or allows access to criminal, violent, offensive, injurious or degrading products, elements, messages and/or services, or which are otherwise unlawful, immoral or disrespectful and generally considered unacceptable to public order;
- is false, ambiguous, imprecise, exaggerated or extemporaneous, which may induce errors regarding the subject or the intentions or purposes of the communicator;
- is protected by intellectual or industrial property rights belonging to third parties, without the User being granted the requisite prior authorization by the owners to use it in the way in which it is being used or is intended to be used.
- violates commercial secrets of third parties;
- is in opposition to the right to honour, the right to personal and family privacy or the right to self image of persons;
- undermines in any way the reputation of El Corte Inglés or third parties;
- violates regulations on privacy of communications;
- constitutes illegal, deceptive or unfair advertising and, in general, constitutes unfair competition;
- introduces viruses or other elements that could damage or impair normal functioning of the computer systems, networks, equipment or programs (hardware and software) of El Corte Inglés or third parties, or which may cause damage to the electronic documents and files stored in such equipment;
- hinders normal operating of the Service as a result of its features (such as format, extension, etc.);
As set out above, the User undertakes to use the content provided to Users through the website, including, but not limited to, texts, photographs, images, icons, technology, software, links and other audiovisual or audio content, as well as its graphic design and source code (hereinafter, "Content") pursuant to the law, this Legal Notice, other notices and regulations for use and instructions brought to his or her attention, as well as to behave lawfully, morally and respectfully and generally in a manner considered acceptable to good conduct and public order, and in particular, he or she undertakes to refrain from:
- reproducing, copying, distributing, making available or otherwise publicly communicating, transforming or modifying Content, unless prior authorisation has been obtained from the owner of the corresponding rights or it is legally permitted;
- deleting, manipulating or in any way altering the copyright and other identifying data of the reservation of rights of El Corte Inglés or Group companies or their owners, fingerprints or any other technical means provided for their recognition. The User shall refrain from obtaining or seeking to obtain Content using any means or procedures other than, where applicable, those that have been provided or indicated for that purpose in the web pages holding the Content, or, in general, those normally used on the Internet for this purpose, as long as they do not pose a risk of damage to the website, the Services and/or the Content.
Specifically, the use of El Corte Inglés image files and audio/video files are subject to the following conditions: Their use for commercial purposes and/or their subsequent distribution is forbidden. The images and audiovisual resources available here are exclusively for use by the media and for information purposes only, provided that the source is acknowledged. Their use for highlighting other companies’ activities, products or events is therefore prohibited. El Corte Inglés Group companies reserve the right to withdraw permission to use any of these images or audio/video files whenever it deems that they are being used in a way contrary to its interests.
Users and, in general, all persons intending to set up a hyperlink between their website and the www.elcorteingles.com website (hereinafter, the "Hyperlink") shall adhere to the following conditions, and always with prior authorisation:
- the Hyperlink will only enable access to the homepage of the website, or the specific point authorised by El Corte Inglés, and may not reproduce them in any way;
- a frame will not be created over the pages of the website;
- there will be no false, inaccurate or incorrect indications or expressions about the El Corte Inglés or any of its managers, employees, web pages or Products and/or Services;
- it will not be stated or insinuated that El Corte Inglés has authorised the link, nor that it has supervised or assumed in any way the services offered or made available on the website on which the Hyperlink appears;
- with the exception of those signs forming part of the Hyperlink itself, the website on which it appears will not contain any brand, brand name, company sign, name, logo, slogan or other distinctive signs belonging to El Corte Inglés; and
- the website on which the Hyperlink appears will not contain any unlawful information or content that contravenes morals or acts generally considered respectful and acceptable to public order, nor shall it feature content that contravenes any rights of third parties.
The insertion of the Hyperlink shall in no event imply the existence of any relationship between El Corte Inglés and the owner of the website where the Hyperlink is inserted, or the acceptance or approval by El Corte Inglés of its content or services.
2.2. Industrial and intellectual property rights
The User undertakes to respect the intellectual and industrial copyright pertaining to El Corte Inglés and Group companies and any other third party. Use of or enabling access to the website in no way implies the granting of entitlement to brands, brand names or any other distinctive signs used on the website.
The User may download the website to his or her device, provided that it is for private, non-commercial use. The User may therefore not exploit, reproduce, distribute, alter, publicly communicate, assign or transform content included on the website for public or commercial purposes.
Moreover, this Content is the intellectual property of El Corte Inglés, S.A. or Group companies and, pursuant to the provisions of the Legal Notice, no existing exploitation rights or any other rights that may exist regarding said Content shall be deemed transferred to the User, beyond what is strictly necessary for the proper use of the Website.
2.3. Length of service
El Corte Inglés does not guarantee the availability and continuity of operation of the Website. Whenever it is reasonably possible, El Corte Inglés will give a forewarning of interruptions to the operation of the Website. Nor does El Corte Inglés guarantee that the website can be used for performing specific activities or that it is fail-safe.
Access to the El Corte Inglés website is indefinite; nevertheless, El Corte Inglés reserves the right to discontinue access without prior notice to Users who it deems are not adhering to the regulations for using its website and the right to take legal action as it sees fit. Furthermore, El Corte Inglés reserves the right to restrict access to certain sections of the general public, by providing password-only access to specific users or user groups, who will be responsible for the safeguarding of the credentials provided.
2.4. Exclusion of liability
El Corte Inglés makes every possible effort to prevent any mistakes in the content of the website, but it does not guarantee nor shall it be liable for errors that may be contained therein.
El Corte Inglés is exempt from any responsibility for harm or damage of any kind caused by:
- Disruption to or unavailability of access to the website.
- Privacy and security in the use of the website by the User, and/or unauthorised third-party access.
- Possible transmission of elements detrimental to IT systems.
- Accuracy, completeness and timely updates to Website content.
4. Protection of personal data
5. Law and jurisdiction
The parties voluntarily submit to the local courts and jurisdiction of the user for the resolution of disputes, renouncing all jurisdictions. In addition, as a member company of CONFIANZA ONLINE and in accordance with its Code of Ethics, in the event of disputes over online contracts and advertising and the protection of minors, the User may appeal to the extrajudicial dispute resolution system of CONFIANZA ONLINE.